Monday, November 23, 2009

plenty of thankful to go around


last night I had my high school girls over and they just knew when they saw the little pieces of paper and pens sitting by their place settings that I was going to make them write out their Thanksgiving list. Just 5 things, anything really. I loved hearing what was on their lists and was admittedly challenged myself to put into words what I was thinking. So here in no particular order is my list for this Thanksgiving.

1. a job with people I not only really like but love
2. my puppy who has kept me company on many lonely days
3. the realization multiple times in this year how short life is and even the beauty to be had in grieving & what it does to our souls
4. faithful friends who pray for me when they say they will
5. the fight within me to learn contentment, as many times as I fail, it feels like baby steps are taking place. 2 steps forward and one back is still one step forward
6. a hubby who loves me through thick and thin and the renewal of our friendship in this past year as we seek to move from living as individuals into one life together
7. family who is faithful to be there for anything and everything we need them for
8. this old house. I love this old house.
9. music and the way it fits my moods, help me worship and expresses what I can't
10. blog friends who are willing to put it all out there and share their experiences, I learn so much by reading others online journals
11. coffee, black coffee, coffee with hazelnut creme, the occasional latte, coffee
12. grace that I don't understand
13. the journey through the Bible we are going through with our small group & church, it is kicking my butt into being in the Word daily, something I could never do on my own
14. creativity and enjoying making things by hand
15. my wedding ring. I was asked the other day by someone when I was getting married and I was able to share about the joys of being married almost 5 years to another girl who was engaged

I know I don't have you at my dinner table, but if I did I would pass you a little paper turkey and ask you to make your own list...

2 comments:

  1. nice post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did anyone learn that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.

    ReplyDelete