Tuesday, February 9, 2010

channeling Julia Child


The 2 dishes to be conquered were as follows:
Ratatouille and Poulet Sauté aux Herbes de Provence
recipes found here and here

Saturday night my dear and brave friend Jamie & I faced our biggest kitchen challenge yet. 2 recipes by the world renouned Julia Child. We tied our aprons (more like I spilled on my scarf that I just got dry cleaned) and sharpened our knives.

A few observations from the evening:
- there is nothing quite like cooking with a glass of wine in hand with a good friend
- the complexity of the recipes may or may have not taken us over 2 hours to complete
- when it says "a whole chicken" you don't put the insides in. I have a gracious friend and a long way to go in the cooking world. That sure freed up some space in my pan
- "If you’re afraid of butter, just use cream"- a direct quote from Julia which seems fitting as inspiration seeing as there was over a stick of butter & 7 tbs of olive oil combined between the dishes

1 comment:

  1. Reminds of the time you and I cooked an Italian dinner and a garlic bulb was confused with a garlic clove:) Good memories cooking with friends-I'm impressed with you girls!

    ReplyDelete