Wednesday, June 16, 2010

knee deep in summer

It is that time of year where everything is centered around flip flops, grilling out & enjoying the season...blogging finds its place somewhere in between the bbqs and pool parties.

So here are a few things from the past week since St. Louis:

For the date night that I was promised...Ryan took me to the Electric Cheetah in GR and it was another one of those places so great you want to share it with friends. Lucky Amber & Sarah, who both live in cool places near enough to frequent it often, but for the rest of us, these little Eastown gems are a special treat.
We shared the "raw" fries which are fries sliced as thin as potato chips...a ketchup lovers dream:

and the brocolli salad which was equally, if not more, delicious. Fresh produce and all from local farmer's markets & providers.

I spent all day Saturday hanging out at the 2nd annual "art in the park" in Hudsonville where our church had a booth with a couple of other crafting friends and then had my fam over on Saturday night...Toby was obviously excited to celebrate:

cuties: Erich & his girlfriend Allison whom I love! (can't wait for another family vacation with these 2 this fall! Hilton Head in 3 months...)

this is how "home" looks in my mind:



Ever so thankful for the miracles that took place in our family this spring & can't help but think that when I see this picture of the 5 of us.

making wishes for our 25th & 27th year. Love being the older sister!

Allison got me this new scarf for my b-day which I LOVE and is a sign she knows me well because she said it just looked like me.


Another new thing that started this week is our high school Summer Intern program at EGM-- which means I get to spend one day a week with these 2: Laura & Ryan and our 6 incredible students!



I will leave you with this...a little preview of a giveaway I am working on with a crafter I met Saturday whose specialty is "flowers & feathers..." drooling yet?!


fashion disclaimer: my obsession with scarves may be morphing into hair accessories.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh, summer. Isn't it amazing that it's finally here??

    So glad you could make it down to Eastown... the Electric Cheetah is delish! And I love seeing Al and Erich's smiling faces here. They came to visit me when I was all sweaty at my booth on Saturday. They are my favorite :)

    Hope your craft sale went well! Let me know if you do one again, so I can stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked so cute on your date night. I am lovin the hair accessory trend. I have yet to be bold enough to try it though.

    ReplyDelete