Monday, March 21, 2011

spring things

We officially marked the start of spring with our first 2011 run to Captain Sundae's. And when I say run, I mean we got in our car and drove .5 miles to the ice cream shop. We did however talk a walk around the block an hour later to enjoy the light left in the day, even at 8 p.m.

I also busted out a new pair of flats, which to me always marks the changing of seasons and feeling a bit more like myself to be honest. I got them last week at Meijer, for $12.99, jealous? I know some people won't buy their shoes at the same place they buy their groceries but for me, it works. In my defense, they are black patent leather and quite cute.

This time of year always reminds me of spring at TU and hanging out on the front lawn, otherwise known as Olson Beach with my bffs. And as far as the feeling like myself in flats part, I think I am just most comfortable without heels. I like them, think they are pretty but just plain prefer to be level with the ground. It seems like spring may be here to stay and I am loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment