Thursday, June 18, 2009

beauty through tragedy


I heard part of this family's story yesterday on the radio and was so touched by their testimony of faith through tragedy that I had to share it with you. Jake and Rebecca Mutz were a young married couple whose daughter was born with unexpected complications and after 7 days in their arms, went to be with Jesus.
I contemplated posting this because I want to protect the minds and the hearts of my dear friends who are young moms and moms-to-be. I don't know how it will hit your heart and my prayer is that if you do feel led to listen to it, that what you sense through their story is not the fear and loss they experienced but their joy in His goodness in their lives.

It is a 5 part interview that you can listen to here as well as get more information about the book that this family has authored. They read the introduction to the book and it was so beautiful that I wanted to share those words.

When I hear Handel, Beethoven, or Bach, I think how profoundly moving music can be. I feel my soul lifted, called to something higher, something nobler, something more perfect than this fallen world has to offer. It invades my mundane, ordinary existence and as I listen I feel transported—as if the music has escaped from another realm.
A grand and glorious symphony has been written, and for seven dark but beautiful days I heard the strains of its melody. The musical score came from Heaven with the debut of a tiny, helpless baby. Her song was complex, yet perfectly written.
Frail as she was, this little one took center stage and, without uttering a sound, stirred the passions of the thousands who listened.
Elegant music has a lingering effect. And so did the hymn of this tiny life. She touched me and I am left with the divinely beautiful memory, changed forever by having heard a few measures of His symphony in her brief but mighty life.
Be still and listen. May you, too, feel the wonder of this great mystery, that one so small could lead so many to hear the Everlasting Song.

As taken from the book "A symphony in the dark".

Since losing Kaden, my heart and mind have found a more comfortable place in grief than I ever knew possible. I know that I like to avoid pain and feeling uncomfortable, useless to fix anything, and broken myself. But I also know, and was reminded after listening to this story that Psalm 30:11 was never more true.

You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your honesty, friend. And mimick your comfort in grief. It is an interesting process, and one we walk carefully but acknowledge the walk all the same...

    ReplyDelete