Monday, June 15, 2009

getting crafty

I don't know about everyone else but I think we have started to move from the wedding most weekends phase to the baby shower phase. Which is a happy transition but there are still a few weddings each summer and about a year ago, I started to realize how quickly each time I would run to Bed Bath & Beyond with my 20% coupons in hand and scour the aisles for the perfect potholder or cocktail set.

One wedding it hit me as I recieved a gorgeous invitation that I set on my side table, then moved to my fridge and eventually threw away. So much heart is put into every detail of a wedding, including the invite, and what a shame for that to go to waste. So I started a new wedding gift tradtion. Sorry BBB.

I began by purchaing an 5x7 or 8x10 frame, depending on the invitation's size, and using craft paper or whatever layout worked best, then frame the invite as our gift. We are headed to a wedding on the east side of the state in 2 weeks and here is the one I made yesterday as an example (covered up the date for the sake of the couple's privacy).

I also have found that a bulk size pack of tissue paper and plain gift bags have been a great investment. I don't have to worry about not having the right bag and running into Target between the wedding & reception for wrapping stuff (don't tell me you haven't been there too!).

2 comments:

  1. You are so thoughtful. I think we can appreciate all stuff that our moms had around that seemed like clutter. I'm finally understanding stockpiling things (like wrapping stuff) is way cheaper & less stressful that buying a little every time...hence the cereal boxes under my bed = )

    ReplyDelete