Thursday, December 24, 2009

it's my favorite day of the year

no competition. This day is it. As I have gotten older, our annual traditions have not changed but my emotions around them have deepened. I believe as a child and even a teenager, that I experienced a very real joy around Christmas and sensed and sacredness of lighting the candles and reading Luke 2.
Now as I am comfortably into my 20s, I know that every year with my grandparents is a gift and that the traditions that my family carries on are unique and all ours. It gets so easy to get lost in gifts and lists and plans the older we get but today I won't let the adult in me steal my childlike wonder.

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."
Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

"Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to men
on whom his favor rests."

-Luke 2:10-14

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas, Wallaces! I hope you have been having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete