Friday, January 29, 2010

got stuff?


I like decorating. As mentioned here and here and many other places around here. And one of my favorite things about decorating is using the things I already have, recreating new pieces and mixing things up. So when I saw this post on one of my favorite decorating blogs, the Nester, the only one I really read, I started planning my own "swap meet" in my mind immediately.

The idea is that if each person brings a few items that they can't get rid of yet can't find a place for, we can all shop from one another's items to get some new inspiration without spending money. Fun right?! So here is that inspiration in action:
I am going to be having a swap at my house next Saturday, February 6 and have about 8 decorating divas planning to be here. According to the Nester it is ideal to have about 15 people for maximum swapability (my own word). If you live in the West Michigan area and want to come hang out, please let me know so I can include you in the details for the event. I'm looking forward to hanging out with Jodi & Amber, and wishing desperately that all of my out of town friends could be here because I love your style so much too.

Here are a few examples of my own swapping things out in my home to get your feet wet:
I love dollar store candles & filling jars with simple things I already have...and the bookshelf, that was being used for storage in our basement for the past 2 years. I literally forgot about it as a piece I could use. Kind of glad because then it felt so new.




1 comment: