Friday, March 18, 2011

Lent, lucky green and in between


I started the day in my closet looking for something that felt springy yet still fit and came up with the option above. It certainly looks a lot different than it did in that picture (reminiscent from our youth group square dance in September, the week before I found out I was pregnant). Only when I got to the eye doctor today did I realize that it was St. Patty's Day and my ever growing belly was covered in green. Lucky me.

For the sake of festivity I was happy but even more for the sake of rotating a few more pieces into the winter wardrobe as this gorgeous weather makes its way into our days. Which leads me to my next thought; that any other year on a day like today I would have been out pounding the trails and although I got some new running shoes last week, they will not see much more than walks and waddles for a good 3-4 months. Which is truly ok with me but it did feel good to know that the runner's itch that is on a longer-than-usual winter hibernation just may reappear.

Lots of things on my mind as of late that are making the days move quickly and the largest being that we are going to officially be listing our house for sale this weekend. Feeling a lot of peace about the decision and letting it all play out as it will but it has meant a TON of little projects, organization, paint touch-ups, etc. Ryan has willingly stepped into a major role of handyman, painter, sorter, all things that he doesn't naturally love but I think we both sense that after this little one comes, those things will NOT be on the priority list for a while. We are going to be listing it for sale by owner for about a month. If there is no movement in that time, we will take it off for a while while we get used to being parents and then likely list it with a realtor.

But, if you know anything about me, you know I LOVE this house; its' story and its' character. I believe it would be a great home for a little family with its charm and the life we have given it. I say this because I believe it has been and continues to be a gift until God moves us somewhere else. I think it will be a bit of bittersweet when that time comes; fully knowing and trusting it to be the right thing but also always cherishing these days in our first home.

The other thing that has been moving around in my brain in the past week has been the beginning of Lent and the movement towards Easter. I originally had decided not to give anything up for Lent but then realized that the thing that is really lacking in my life right now is free mental space. I haven't realized how to to get there yet but one of the things creating extra noise in my life is technology. So as silly as it sounds, until Easter I am going to read less blogs and reduce my amount of facebook time/use. I am hoping that in exchange, more of the noise I am taking in pertains to what really matters in my life and that it even includes some silence or rest.

And finally, because today was full of funny moments from the St. Patty's Day realization on, this van was in the Target parking lot this afternoon:

It totally made me think of Dumb & Dumber and I couldn't help but share. Happy Friday to you from this little happenstance leprechaun.

1 comment:

  1. Where is the current picture of the green belly?:) I love your house, a lot because of the home that you have made it. If you do end up leaving it soon, I know your next home will be just as beautifully home-y.

    ReplyDelete