Wednesday, April 22, 2009

what stands


life feels really full right now emotionally. If my emotions were a balloon, filling a little each time I felt, this week I would feel like I may burst. air in. air out. so much joy and sorrow crammed into a few short weeks of processing or maybe even just days. Although something wonderful happens with joyful news or events; they allow us to breathe out a little, letting some go of some of the pressure.

Within the past 36 hours, Ryan's grandpa was moved to a long term care facility, the I was astonished at how old and tiny my grandma looked after her knee surgery, and I witnessed the grief that came with the loss of the mom of my dear friend. Air into the balloon. I have also witnessed the joy of this same family as they celebrated the fact that this woman they love is now walking so closely with her Lord. And the exciting news this morning that a close friend who went through a deeply painful divorce 5 years ago is now engaged to wonderful guy who loves her and her girls. it feels redemptive of her journey. air out of the balloon.

Through it all, I have been drawn back to the words in Isaiah 40:
The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of our God stands forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment