Sunday, August 9, 2009

we came, we tri-ed, we conquered


It is a very good thing I decided this week to remember my like for running because I sure needed it this morning. Temperature: 91 degrees, Heat Index 101 degrees as we began our team triathlon at 7 a.m. in Naperville. We all decided we love this team thing because you still get to do the carb loading, enjoy the experience of the event and without putting your body into a state of exhaustion for the next 24 hours.

I was so proud of Ry, his first race of any kind and he has been the spectator at more races than he would like to remember so I guess he decided it was his turn. He rocked the swimming, Evon killed it on the bike & ran until I thought my face was the deepest purple possible. And it was all worth it because we just checked the team results and we got 9th out of 30 teams! Oh yeah! I'm really not too competitive with anyone but myself but it was fun to accomplish something as a team. Now we are off to enjoy a block party complete with brats on the grill & homemade ice cream. Here are a few post race pics (the camera died before hand) but it's all good.

1 comment:

  1. Competing with a team sounds fun. You guys did really good!

    ReplyDelete