Saturday, February 26, 2011

it's saturday.


and for that I am very happy. Also thankful for another week at a job where I like the people and the clients we serve a whole lot. In a time where we are making several major transitional decisions for our little family, God has been so faithful and I can't help but almost cry thinking about that.

Here are just a few things that strike me today:
_a warm and cozy home
_the dog by my feet
_my hubby who was gone at a retreat this week (I missed him SO much)
_taking one day at a time and being surprised sometimes by the outcome
_good conversations with two of my favorite students this week
_the mcflurry that one of those conversations took place over
_the two women who were my discipleship class accountability partners and are becoming dear friends
_the music of the group Watermark, aka Christy Nockels, which always blesses me

I have not been digging into any more of Ann's book {One Thousand Gifts} but plan to in the next few weeks again now that our Monday night class is over and my brain has a little more space to really sit down with it. However, I emailed Zondervan after first blogging about it and they kindly sent me a copy to give to a friend through a giveaway on here. The very next day I got an email from a friend who I knew would be so blessed by it and without further thought, I put it in the mail to her. I was so happy to be able to do that and still want to honor my commitment to share about Ann's book on here. So there is my promise and my accountability.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment: